UT Tyler Alumni Association
The University of Texas at Tyler offers many scholarships designed to attract and retain outstanding degree seeking students.
Alumni Legacy Scholarship
In 2011, the Alumni Association Board established an endowed scholarship fund to encourage continuous generations of alumni to attend and graduate from UT Tyler. The Alumni Association is proud to carry on the Alumni Legacy Scholarship as an encouragement to generations of family members to share the same alma mater and traditions of The University of Texas at Tyler.
- be enrolled in at least 3 undergraduate credit hours,
- be a child or grandchild of a UT Tyler alumni (biological or adopted),
- be a graduating senior in high school or a UT Tyler freshman, sophomore, or junior at the time of application.
- Submit the application form completed in full to email@example.com. The 2015-2016 scholarship application will be available online in February 2015.
- Provide proof of relationship to UT Tyler alumni (i.e. copy of birth certificate, marriage, tax infor, etc.)
- Submit all materials via your UT Tyler Patriots e-mail (i.e. @patriots.uttyler.edu)
- All materials must be submitted no later than July 31, 2015.
Things to note:
- The Alumni Legacy Scholarship may be used for the payment of tuition, fees, books, and supplies at UT Tyler only;
- The Alumni Legacy Scholarship will only be awarded once;
- Considerations for the scholarship include academic achievement, connection to UT Tyler, and personal achievement;
- You will be contacted if the scholarship committee has selected you as the recipient of the scholarship,
- Starting Fall 2015, the criterion for eligibility will include that the student must be a child or grandchild (biological or adopted) of a current active member of the UT Tyler Alumni Association.
Contact Alumni Relations for more information about this scholarship opportunity and to answer any questions.