UT Tyler Web Publishing Standards
Accessibility, Usability and Testing
UT Tyler strives to adhere to Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Compliance with these acts helps ensure that UT Tyler Web pages are readable by users with disabilities. UT Tyler also follows the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
The UT Tyler template has been designed to build accessible pages. It is best practice to test your pages for usability and accessibility to ensure the pages work properly in the real world.
- Keep content concise.
- Use general language. Avoid technical jargon where possible.
- Avoid erroneous content and images.
- Build machine-readable text pages. Avoid publishing graphics with text content to Web pages.
- Use the W3C Validate tool when publishing your page in OU Campus.
- Test your site on “real people” for whom the site is intended. Make adjustments as needed.
Use standard redirects on old pages no longer used. For help with redirect guidelines, contact email@example.com.