Inventions result from creating a new and novel technology. Innovation achieves the value made possible by use of the invention. UT Tyler assists faculty, students, and entrepreneurs in working together to investigate uses of technology that create new products and opportunities. One of our primary objectives: establish long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with inventors, industry partners and investors.
We promote commercialization of technology by:
- Education, advising and assisting inventors.
- Evaluating the commercial potential of UT Tyler inventions.
- Protecting intellectual property.
- Assisting in the licensing of commercially viable technologies.
- Communicating commercialization opportunities to investors and industry
Technology Commercialization in the Office of Research and Technology Transfer was established to enhance and expand the research and intellectual property capacity and capabilities of the faculty, staff, and students at UT Tyler.
The mission of Technology Commercialization is to ethically and effectively develop and commercialize intellectual property created at UT Tyler, thereby generating income for the university while benefiting researchers, investors, and the community at large.
In the links below, inventors can review UT Tyler’s Intellectual Property Policy, find the answers to basic questions about intellectual property and licensing, and download Intellectual Property forms. We invite your comments and feedback.
Intellectual Property Resources
- UT System Intellectual Property Policy
- UT System Intellectual Property Policy in Plain English
- UTS125 Processing of Intellectual Property Agreements
- Intellectual Property Policy - UT Tyler
- IPAC Committee - UT Tyler
- Intellectual Property FAQ