Get to Know UT Tyler
What to Know About a Great Texas University
The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes nine university and six health institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls more than 7,500 students and consists of six colleges. Our beautiful 259-acre Tyler campus is nestled along a lake, surrounded by thick pine and oak forests, providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. We also maintain regional campuses in Palestine and Longview, as well as a location in Houston.
Most UT Tyler classes are taught by professors, not teaching assistants, and average a highly favorable 17:1 student-to-professor ratio, a definite advantage over larger, less intimate campuses. With more than 80 bachelor’s and master’s degree programs offered, UT Tyler provides a wealth of learning opportunities and dynamic programs, including many online master’s programs and PhD degrees in nursing and human resource development.
Our learning environment is truly student-centered: We offer private university quality at affordable public university prices. We encourage you to visit campus and see for yourself why UT Tyler is where you’ll feel at home—and find your best path.
- In 2012 UT Tyler students benefited from $9.8 million in new research spending.
- UT Tyler’s students represent 41 states and 35 countries.
- UT Tyler is a young, fast-growing university offering the latest facilities such as the renowned R. Don Cowan Fine and Performing Arts Center, a centerpiece of cultural entertainment in the East Texas region, and the Herrington Patriot Center, our state-of-the-art fitness center.
- Three out of five of our graduates have job offers before they graduate.
- Employers confirm that UT Tyler graduates are among the best-prepared graduates from any public university in Texas.
Check out the UT Tyler Fast Facts page! Read more