UT Tyler Web Communications
Friday mornings will continue to be our regularly scheduled maintenance days. Please send your minor Web requests (department left-side menu updates, department front page updates and any other minor requests) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your site has already moved into the new server, please hold off on any large requests until after the first of the year. Requested updates will be made in the order received. NEW WEBSITES OR REQUESTS FOR MAJOR SITE UPDATES/WEBSITE OVERHAULS WILL BE SCHEDULED AFTER THE MIGRATION IS COMPLETE.
The plan is to complete the remainder of the website migration by Dec. 23, 2013.
To meet our deadline, we will need timely cooperation from remaining site owners. Please know that we acknowledge all of your busy schedules, and in doing so, we will do our best to minimize the amount of time required. Training sessions will begin in September for those who maintain sites. If you do not currently have someone to maintain your site, please identify up to two people as soon as possible.
Below is the migration schedule. Prior to the date listed to begin your migration, we ask that you prepare your content.
- Update all current content (dates, pdfs, etc.)
- Delete any old or duplicate content
Once your site has been migrated, we will ask you to thoroughly review the site before we publish it. This will be the time to make the necessary changes to ensure that your site is correct (proper links, accurate information and navigation, etc.).
NOTE: It is the responsibility of each department to update content prior to site migration. Any additional content updates will be the responsibility of the department after site-launch. Outdated content should NOT be migrated.
Website Migration Schedule
GREEN - Launched
BLUE - Under Construction
- Physical Plant July 1-5
- Safety July 8-12 (reschedule date)
- Patriot Printing July 15-19
- Academic Affairs July 15-19
- Testing Center July 22-26
- Health Clinic July 29- Aug 2
- Counseling Aug. 5-9
- Wellness/Prevention Aug. 12-16
- Disability Services Aug. 19-23
- Health Services Aug. 19-23
- Student Services Aug. 19-23
- Instructional Design Aug. 26-30
- Internal Audit Aug. 26-30
- Literature/Languages June 24-28
- Alumni June 24-28
- Music July 1-26
- Patriot Freshman Connection July 29-Aug.2
- Financial Services July 29-Aug. 16
- University Advancement July 29-Aug. 16
- Campus Computing Services Aug. 19-23
- Manual of Policies/Procedures Aug. 19-23 (MOPP)
- Complete advancement/ccs Aug. 26-30
- Business Affairs Sept. 2-13
- Accountability & Info Tech Sept. 23-Oct. 4
- Institutional Analysis Sept. 23-Oct. 4
- Assessment & Effectiveness Sept. 23-Oct. 4
- Information Security Sept. 23-Oct. 4
- Human Resources Oct. 8-Nov. 9
- HOP Oct. 8-Nov. 9
- Employee Handbook Oct. 8-Nov.9
- Information Technology Nov. 12-Dec. 20
NEW WEBSITE REQUESTS WILL BE SCHEDULED AFTER THE MIGRATION IS COMPLETE.
These Top-Level Directories Launched to New Server
Departments are responsible for keeping links updated as sites are migrated to the new server. Check this list often for sites moved to www.uttyler.edu.
NOTE: Most web page addresses remain the same requiring only the "2" to be removed from the web page address. Check all updated links on your site to assure they are pointing to the correct URL.
|Updated August 5, 2013|