UT Tyler Web Communications
Assistance with OU Campus, Social Media, Web Guidelines and more.
Web Communications is part of the Office of Marketing and Communications. The primary responsibility of is to develop and maintain the university's website, www.uttyler.edu.
Web Communications other responsibilities are to:
- Maintains, either in part or in whole, several other top-level university websites
- Manage and develop Enrollment Services websites
- Provide expertise with design and development of web pages for UT Tyler schools, departments and administrative offices
- Perform research and analysis through usability testing, site reviews and web traffic analysis and link trafficking
- Explore new and changing web-related technologies
- Ensure a user-friendly site architecture by providing a consistent, intuitive navigational flow through the UT Tyler website
- Accessibility compliance by following 508
- Oversee and maintain web-related policies, procedures and guidelines
- Oversee the university’s social media presences and provide guidance and training for departments wishing to use social media
- Market and promote the university through consistent branding, messaging and images on the UT Tyler website
- Provide resources and training for university web developers
- Migrating content-continue to build pages, update content and move departments to new site design and new server Migration Schedule and Site List
- Overhaul content-rewrite content for new site as department sites are moved
- Training-train departments to use new templates within OU Campus
- UT Tyler App-new application planned for launch in summer
- President Blog system
- Student Communication Team Blog system
- Mobile-UT Tyler site
- Forms-continue to build database driven forms for departments
- Calendar-continue to move users into the UT Tyler calendaring system
- Directory-Rebuild user friendly online faculty/staff directory database
Content will continue to be updated during phase two of the design currently in progress. More.
To obtain a schedule of your department site migration to the new server contact the UT Tyler Web Team.
Web publishers at The University of Texas at Tyler are responsible for the content of the pages they publish and are expected to abide by the highest standards of quality and responsibility.
Web News and Updates
What to Expect as your Site is Being Migrated
Updated List of Folders Migrated
New Sites/New Users on Hold
In order to finish the web content migration schedule, new sites/directories and new users will be set up as your department site is moved to the new server. ALL New OU Campus users are required to attend new user training. (NOTE: Lmit of TWO users per department in the new template). If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
OU Campus New Features and Updates
Web Publishing Guidelines
OU Campus Training
Training sessions will be scheduled throughout the year as content is moved to the new server. For OU Campus online help, use self-help tutorials.
OU Campus Access
If you are new to OU Campus, your department contact (or department head, dean, or director) can request for you to have access to a particular site. After completing OU campus training, the Web Team will set access OU Campus using your INFO domain credentials. If you do not know who your department contact is, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UT Tyler Web Team