Student Life and Leadership
Leaders are developed through relationships, experiences, and a drive to be a positive change agent. The Office of Leadership & Service can help you achieve your goals and become a positive influence in your communities and our world.
Through various programs, the Office of Leadership & Service offers ledaership development opportunities to students, faculty, staff, and the community. All programs that are housed within the office are centered on the foundations of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development.
A few programs are listed below so you can see what the Office of Leadership & Service has to offer.
Emerging Leaders Program
The ELP is our newest program and will kick-off in the Fall of 2014. This program will consist of three leadership workshops that will allow students to gain a better understanding of self, others, and community. The program will also consist of three live speaker broadcasts brought to you by the UT T
yler Chapter of The National Society of Leadership and Success. All students who register for this program and complete the requirements will earn an Emerging Leaders Certificate.
Register now to be part of the first cohort!
- Where Do You Stand (Workshop) - Sept. 18 at 12:30pm; location TBD
- Stephen Bardo (Speaker) - Oct. 7 at 6:00pm in the UC Theater
- How To Be A Team Player (Workshop) - Oct. 9 at 12:30pm; location TBD
- David Garibaldi (Speaker) - Oct. 21 at 6:00pm in the UC Theater
- Nicholas Kristof & Sheryl WuDunn (Speaker) - Nov. 4 at 6:00pm in the UC Theater
- Leadership As Service (Workshop) - Nov. 6 at 12:30pm; location TBD
The Leadership Summit is a day conference that allows students to network with their peers, faculty and staff, and alumni. With a keynote speaker and breakout sessions, students are given the opportunity to learn about budgeting, time and stress management, diversity, and more. Our third annual Leadership Summit will be held on Saturday, September 13, 2014. For more information and to register visit the event website.