Office of International Programs
Experience the World Through UT Tyler OIP
The University of Texas at Tyler Office of International Programs (OIP) serves as a pathway to the world, offering:
- Quality Study Abroad experiences to UT Tyler students.
- Globally focused programs and services to the Tyler-East Texas community, including guest speakers, the Friends of UT Tyler Travel Program and international travel and passport information.
OIP assists international faculty and students at UT Tyler to travel abroad and facilitates exchanges with our partner universities. In addition, the OIP provides faculty resources for creating travel study opportunities for UT Tyler students.
Prepare for the Future. Live in the Moment. Study Abroad.
Study across the globe, experience other cultures and visit some of the world's most renowned historical and cultural sites in a UT Tyler study abroad program. OIP offers three types of study abroad experiences:
- Short-Term Faculty-Led Trips – Take travel/study courses, organized by UT Tyler faculty that vary in length from one to three weeks.
- Longer-Term Programs – UT Tyler is currently collaborating with Tyler Junior College and other universities in Texas to create new summer and extended study abroad opportunities.
- Exchange Programs – Study at foreign universities that have an exchange agreement with UT Tyler for semester-long or academic year programs abroad.
Gain Perspective Through Globally Focused Events
OIP offers a variety of internationally focused special events to UT Tyler and the Tyler-East Texas community, including workshops, guest speakers and the Friends of UT Tyler Travel Program.
The Friends of UT Tyler Travel Program offers:
- Extraordinary international travel opportunities, such as the Italian Adventure. Friends of UT Tyler visited Italy to explore Italian art, architecture, food and culture.
- The expertise of UT Tyler faculty members. Friends of UT Tyler travel with faculty who are extremely knowledgeable and share information and insight.
Come meet with a Study Abroad Advisor at the Office of International Programs!
Walk-in appointments are available for any student interested in international opportunities including faculty-led programs, exchanges and affiliated programs.
Add a Global Component to Your Education. Enter GATE.
Broaden your knowledge of the world and experience different cultures through Global Awareness Through Education, a two-year residential learning program designed for incoming freshmen. The program offers freshmen and sophomores the knowledge, skills and ways of thinking necessary to succeed in an increasingly global community.
GATE students live together, take enhanced core curriculum classes and participate in cultural activities on-and off-campus activities that are globally engaging and culturally diverse. The program culminates in a five-week study abroad experience the summer after the sophomore year.