UT Tyler College of Nursing
PhD in Nursing
The University of Texas at Tyler College of Nursing online PhD program offers doctoral education to those who have limited access to doctoral education.
Earn your PhD degree entirely online
- The Doctorate in Nursing degree is offered entirely online with the exception of a five-day orientation each summer prior to beginning coursework. Students begin coursework in the summer.
Community focused nursing degree
- Focus on health in communities within the context of culture
- Unique among doctoral programs in Texas and the United States
- Built on a model of strengths
- Enables nurses to study in the communities in which they reside
- Prepares students to serve as nurse leaders and researchers who impact health locally and translate research findings globally