UT Tyler College of Nursing
Apply to the College of Nursing Graduate Programs
Complete portfolio application deadlines:
- Nurse Practitioner - Feb. 15 and Sept. 15
- MSN Education, Administration and MSN/MBA - March 15 and Oct. 15
- PhD - March 1
Apply to The University of Texas at Tyler by submitting graduate application online at The Graduate School.
*Please note that there is an application fee of $40 for domestic applicants and $75 for international applicants.
Pay online with a credit card or you can mail a check to:
ATTN: Graduate Admissions Office ADM 345, 3900 University Blvd, Tyler, TX 75799
Submit the following to the Graduate Admissions Office by mail.
- $40.00 domestic or $75 international application fee (if not paid online at Apply Texas) made payable to: UT Tyler
- Have GRE and TOEFL scores sent by the Educational Testing Service (if applicable). Dual degree MSN/MBA students may substitute the GMAT for the GRE.
- An official transcript of all university level work. It is not necessary to submit community or junior college transcripts. Some institutions participate in electronic submission of transcripts. We do accept electronic submissions that come directly from the institution. One unofficial copy will also need to be uploaded with the rest of your documents (see step three).
The University of Texas at Tyler
ATTN: Graduate Admissions Office ADM 345
3900 University Blvd. Tyler, TX 75799
Submit the following to the Graduate Nursing Office by using our online submission form.
**Please submit all items at once rather than multiple submissions. Incomplete submissions are not read. You must click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page and receive the confirmation notice in order for your documents to go through.
- Unofficial copies of your transcripts. It is not necessary to submit community college or junior college level transcripts.
- Curriculum vitae - download our template
- Copy of current license to practice professional nursing.
- Submit the following based on the program for which you're applying:
Choice of essay or YouTube Video
Submit a two-page essay that addresses the following:
- Explain your reasons for pursuing an advanced practice degree in this particular area (specify administration, education, coordinated MBA or nurse practitioner).
- Describe an influential role model that has helped shape your decision to pursue this career.
- Tell us where you see yourself in five years.
- Describe how you have prepared for the rigor of graduate study.
YouTube Video Choice
- Submit a link to a YouTube video, in a Word document, of yourself addressing the same points as listed above.
Submit an essay linking projected research to health in your community within a context of culture.
To determine the applicant's areas of research interest (population, intervention and/or concepts) and their relationship to health in communities within the context of culture.
Identify your areas of interest. These may be concepts, nursing interventions, a population or any combination of these.
Write a three-five page essay about your areas of interest.
Describe your interest in the population, concepts or interventions identified. Link your areas of interest to health in your community within the context of culture.
Essays should be double-spaced with one-inch margins. Please use a 12-point font.
Request for three references (academic and professional) to fill out the online form regarding your potential for graduate study.
They will need to have your contact information to include: your first and last name, address, phone number and email. It is understood that with the online form, you waive the right to review it.