UT Tyler Office of Marketing and Communications
UT Tyler Implements Commencement Ticketing System
November 22, 2013
UT Tyler has partnered with University Tickets to offer guest tickets for commencement ceremonies, Sonja Morale, registrar, announced.
All degree candidates will use their Patriot credentials to access the online ticketing system, which opens Monday, Nov. 25. Each candidate’s allotment of tickets will be reserved for them to claim through Sunday, Dec. 8.
With this implementation, students will no longer be required to come to campus to claim their tickets. At commencement, guests will present their tickets to staff members who will check them in via scanner at the entrance doors.
“We are excited to offer this new ticketing platform to our graduation candidates and their families and guests. The online process is specifically designed to simplify commencement ticket distribution – making tickets available at anytime, day or night,” Morale said.
Additional features now available to candidates and guests include:
- Printable e-tickets in a convenient .pdf format that candidates can email directly to guests.
- An option to donate any unneeded tickets back to a special pool for use by others who may need additional tickets.
- The option to claim up to six additional tickets from any available in the pool; students can see in real-time if additional tickets are available for their ceremony.
- Options to note the need for wheelchair-accessible guest seating, eliminating the need for these tickets to be managed separately.
- The new Graduationtickets@uttyler.edu support email for students with ticketing questions.
On Monday, Dec. 9, all unclaimed tickets will be reallocated to the ticket pool for students seeking additional tickets, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information, email Graduationtickets@uttyler.edu.