UT Tyler Department of Health and Kinesiology Kinesiology
Master of Education in Health and Kinesiology
Total Semester Credit Hours = 36
The Master of Education Degree in Health and Kinesiology is intended for students who plan to enter or continue careers in education in an area related to health or kinesiology. The curriculum consists of 18 hours of foundation courses and 18 hours of elective courses consistent with career objectives and selected with advisor approval.
Foundation Courses (18 semester hours)
- HECC 5303: Research Design or EDUC 5301 Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences
- HECC 5317: Biometric Methods
- HECC 5370: Ethics
- HECC 5391: Practicum in Health and Kinesiology
- PYED 5352: Topics in Instructional Styles or EDUC 5303: Applied Learning Theories
- PYED 5354: Topics in Curriculum or EDUC 5352: Curriculum Foundations
Electives (18 semester hours)
- With advisor approval the student elects 18 semester hours of courses consistent with educational and career objectives. These should normally be from the areas of kinesiology, health and/or education.