Sorority Formal Recruitment: 3-7, 2013
*Registration for Formal Recruitment is now closed*
What is recruitment?
Formal Recruitment is a week of activities where potential new members (PNM’s) have a chance to learn about each organization’s history, philanthropy, standards, and identity on campus while also having the opportunity to talk with current chapter members. Formal Recruitment is a mutual selection process, where both the PNM and sorority hope to find the best fit for each woman.
What do you need to do to register?
There are several steps to complete in order to be fully prepared for Panhellenic Formal Recruitment:
- Register with your local Panhellenic Association from your home town. For women in Smith County, visit the Tyler Panhellenic Association site for additional information.
This association is comprised of local Greek alumnae that will help answer any general questions about recruitment and also connect with alumnae to write recommendation letters on your behalf. In most cases, your high school counselor provides students with information about how to register with your hometown Panhellenic. If PNM’s do not have recommendation letters sent in on their behalf through a hometown Panhellenic Association, it is their duty as a chapter to find one for you.
- Register for formal recruitment through the online registration site.
- Pay the non-refundable Recruitment Registration fee.
What are the requirements for joining a sorority?
In order to be eligible to join a sorority, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time student.
- Shall not be, or ever have been, an initiated member of an NPC fraternity/sorority.
- Shall not have been a new member of an NPC group at UT Tyler within the calendar year.
- Submit all registration materials as stated above no later than the listed deadline.
We encourage any woman participating in formal recruitment to have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (high school or college), as each sorority requires its members to maintain such a GPA.
It is encouraged that PNM’s attend all recruitment events in order for both the Greek chapters and the PNM to get the full experience out of Formal Recruitment and are able to make educated, informed decisions.
All women that have registered for Formal Recruitment will need to attend a mandatory orientation session. During this time, you will meet your recruitment counselors, learn the rules, what to wear, and get answers to any questions that you may have!
Madison Moyer, Panhellenic President