Graduate International Student Admissions & Services
F-1 Transfer Students
F-1 transfer students are those who:
- Have been admitted to UT Tyler,
- Are currently in the US maintaining F-1 status, and
- Plan to transfer their SEVIS I-20 record to UT Tyler.
How to Obtain a UT Tyler Form I-20
F-1 transfer students must submit the following documents:
- Financial Affidavit for F-1 Students
- Financial support documents,
- Copies of passport, I-94, visa, and current I-20, and
- A UT Tyler SEVIS Transfer Request form, completed by the student's current international student advisor.
Documents should be submitted prior to the first day of classes and may be submitted:
- In person – Submit to the Graduate International Admissions & Services office
- By mail – Use the following mailing address:
Office of Graduate Admissions
The University of Texas at Tyler
3900 University Blvd., ADM345
Tyler, TX 75799
- By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of SEVIS I-20 Record to UT Tyler
F-1 transfer students must ensure that their SEVIS I-20 record is transferred to UT Tyler.
- Students should contact an international student advisor at the institution currently holding their SEVIS I-20 record to request a transfer of the record to UT Tyler.
- The SEVIS I-20 record must be released to The University of Texas at Tyler, school code: DAL214F00503000 .
UT Tyler Form I-20 Pick-Up
F-1 transfer students should sign and pick up their UT Tyler Form I-20 for continued attendance in the Graduate International Student Admissions & Services office no later than the semester Census Date.