Graduate International Student Admissions & Services
Delivery of Form I-20
Graduate International Student Admissions and Services (GISAS) issues a Form I-20 within 3 business days of a student's admission and emails notification that the Form I-20 is ready for delivery. There are 3 options for delivery of a Form I-20.
Standard airmail service is the default Form I-20 delivery method. Your Form I-20 will be posted via standard airmail to the permanent address listed on your admission application unless you request an alternative method.
- Delivery is processed by the US Postal Service and the mail service system in the country of the delivery address.
- Tracking numbers are not provided.
- Delivery time is dependant upon the delivery address and the efficiency of the US Postal Service and mail service system in the country of the delivery address.
- No charge for this method of delivery.
Email email@example.com to request an alternative delivery method or alternative delivery address to where your Form I-20 should be posted. Provide your full name and UT Tyler ID number.
Students may purchase an express shipping label, and their Form I-20 will be sent express delivery via Fed Ex.
- Delivery is made by Fed Ex.
- Tracking numbers are provided.
- Delivery time varies but is often within 10 days.
- Students pay shipping charges.
- Shipping labels are purchased through University Express Mail Services (UEMS).
- UEMS notifies our office that a student has purchased a shipping label, we print the label, prepare the I-20 packet, and send it out via FedEx.
Purchase an express shipping label from University Express Mail Services .
- Purchase requires a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card).
- Provide your UT Tyler student ID number, mailing address, email address, phone number, and payment information.
- Refer to the Help link on the UEMS website if you encounter difficulty making your purchase.
- Questions about the service and UEMS website should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not purchase a shipping label directly from FedEx website.
Students may pick-up their Form I-20 in the GISAS office or authorize someone else to do so.
To authorize someone to pick-up your Form I-20, email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Your full name, UT Tyler ID number, and contact information
- The full name and contact information of the person you authorize to pick-up your Form I-20
- A statement authorizing that person to pick up your document from Graduate International Student Admissions and Services.