UT Tyler GATE
GATE 2014 Applications are Now Available
GATE applications must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com. Please note the deadline for application submission is 5 p.m. on April 11, 2014. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
GATE is a unique program developed specifically for incoming freshmen at UT Tyler. To be considered for admission to the GATE program, students must meet all the qualifications listed below and submit the application by the deadlines published below.
It is important that applicants review and understand all the expectations of a UT Tyler GATE student before beginning the application process. The following sections will familiarize you with the basic components of the GATE program. Also included is information about the qualifications to be admitted into the program as well as the criteria needed to maintain eligibility as a GATE student.
Qualifications & Requirements for Admission:
- Must be officially accepted to UT Tyler
- Submit the GATE application by the published deadline
- Agree to complete all required GATE courses
- Complete a phone interview with the GATE Admissions Committee
Application Deadline/Admission Timeline:
- April 11th, 2014 Deadline for all GATE applications
- Interviews will be conducted on the following dates in April: 15th, 17th, 18th, 22nd, & 24th. Candidates will be contacted to set up an interview after their application has been submitted.
- April 25th, 2014 All applicants are notified
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA (semester and cumulative)
- Maintain status as a full-time student at UT Tyler (min. 12 hours/long semester)
- Maintain status as a student in good standing with the University (disciplinary/financially)
- Successfully complete all required GATE courses during the semester they are assigned
- Complete all academic and service requirements of the GATE program
- Maintain residency in Ornelas Residence Hall during the freshman year (if subject to the UT Tyler Residency Policy)
Academic and Service Requirements:
- Successful completion of two GATE approved globally-focused core curriculum courses during each fall and spring semester of the freshman and sophomore years
- Successful completion of all sections of GATE 1000.
- Attend GATE orientation prior to the beginning of the freshman year
- Attend New Student Convocation each fall
- Attend GATE cultural events each semester
- Participate in two core curriculum courses taught at the international location the summer after the sophomore year
- A passport is required for international travel. Having a passport is not required for admission into the program but must be obtained during the first 18 months in the GATE Program.
For more information about the GATE Program please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.