Steps for ensuring your financial aid will pay towards your Study Abroad Program:
- Make sure that you have a current FAFSA and completed file with the Financial Aid Office.
- Apply to particiapte in a Study Abroad Program through UT Tyler's study abroad advisor. Complete necessary requirements to be accepted to the host campus for studying abroad.
- Students must complete a Course Pre-Approval Form for Studies Abroad. This form is available in the Registrar's Office and certifies that courses taken will be transferred for credit in the student's degree plan.
- Students must submit their Study Abroad Acceptance Letter (from host campus) to the Financial Aid Office or a Consortium Agreement.
- Check your Patriot E-mail Account for notices of any changes to your financial aid award package. Review award adjustments, accept/decline new amounts if required on myUTTyler and complete Entrance Loan Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note on studentloans.gov if necessary.
- Additional financial aid information for Study Abroad Programs is available on the Center for Global Education website.
- Scholarship information for Study Abroad Programs is also available on the Center for Global Education website.
Have a great trip!