The University of Texas at Tyler
Campus Community Emergency Information
To report an incident on the UT Tyler campus, dial 911 (emergency) or 903-566-7300 (non-emergency).
Warnings & Alerts
In the event of an emergency on the UT Tyler campus, University officials will attempt to notify students, faculty, and staff as soon as possible using a multi-layered approach, as appropriate. Persons receiving notifications should follow the University's instructions and guidelines, or those of local, state, and/or federal authorities. Click below for additional information on the University's emergency notification systems.
- University Police - The University Police Department is located in the University Service Center, Room 125 located at 3410 Varsity Drive.
- Sex Offender Registry Information - Persons wishing to inquire concerning registered sex offenders on campus may search the Texas Department of Public Safety registered sex offender database. A specific link is provided for searching by institution of higher education.
- Campus Crime Alert - In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, timely warnings will be issued to the campus community when a crime or attempted crime occurs on campus, or in the immediate area around campus, that represents an ongoing threat to the campus community.
- PatriotALERT - UT Tyler students, faculty, and staff will receive emergency communications via the PatriotALERT system. Alerts will be sent via text (SMS), phone calls, and e-mails. Updated contact information is required to receive these alerts.
- Web Site - The UT Tyler home page will direct viewers to the proper sources for updated information.
- Emergency Web Site - The UT Tyler emergency web site will be updated with the most current information available, as well as details and instructions.
- Outdoor Warning System - The outdoor warning system notifies the campus of emergencies with tones and voice instructions.
In case of emergencies dial 9.1.1.
For other non-emergency issues, call one of the following numbers:
Traffic Office 8 a.m.-5 p.m., M-F
If there is an emergency and you haven't received notification, your top priority should be to ensure the safety of yourself and those around you. Move to a safe location and await instructions.
Detailed instructions on specific emergencies are located in the UT Tyler Emergency Flipchart
UT Tyler Emergency Blog
UT Tyler Emergency Twitter