UT Tyler School of Education
Master's Degree in Special Education With Educational Diagnostician Certification - Online
Program Distinctive Features:
- Online program to meet the needs of busy educators
- Cohort system for increased support by faculty and peers
- Opportunities to engage in assessment in your school setting and in synchronous and asynchronous environments
- Work with faculty who are leaders in the Council for Exceptional Children – Texas: The premiere organization in special education
The Master's Degree in Special Education fulfills the educational qualifications necessary to meet the course requirements to become an Educational Diagnostician certified by the Texas State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC). In addition, courses have been aligned with the Council for Exceptional Children Advanced Special Education Diagnostician Specialist Standards.
Work with highly committed special educators and mentors:
We are now accepting applications for our 2016 summer cohort!
Applicants for the Master of Education with a major in Special Education must meet General Degree Requirements of the College of Education. Applicants must meet the standards for admission to and retention in the program. Applications for program admission are available in the Office of Graduate Studies and the College of Education and Psychology and should be completed and returned with all required data.
A student may transfer a maximum of 9 semester hours of graduate credit in which a grade of "B" or better has been earned from approved institutions. Transfer credit must be approved by the student's advisor. Transfer credit cannot be approved unless an official transcript of all transfer work is on file in the Office of Graduate Studies. Transfer credit should be evaluated and approved prior to the completion of the degree plan.
International Applicants: If the applicant's bachelor's degree is from a non-US institution, it must be evaluated by a service on this list. Also, a total ibt TOEFL score of 79 with a speaking subsection score of 26 or higher is necessary for admission.
- Handbook for the Master of Education in Special Education with Educational Diagnostician Certification
- Flyer for the Master of Education in Special Education with Educational Diagnostician Certification
- Special Education Graduate Courses
- Special Education Course Rotation Schedule
We also offer a Certification-Only program for people who already have master's degrees.
Note: Students admitted to the Graduate School must pay a $250 admission fee to the School of Education Educator Preparation Program. This fee helps cover practicum supervision expenses. This fee is used to supplement program resources (i.e. Needed assessment materials) and practicum supervision expenses.
For Admission Information:
For online graduate advising or to schedule your admissions interview, click:
For complaints about this certification educator preparation program, please follow the policy outlined in the Certification Program's Complaint Policy.