UT Tyler Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry occupies the third and fourth floors of the Ratliff Engineering, Science and Technology Building South (RBS). Physics occupies a portion of the fourth floor in the Ratliff Building North (RBN).
Our facilities include the 400 MHz NMR room, five chemistry teaching labs, a computer teaching lab, two preparation labs, a cold room, five "wet" research labs, a theoretical research lab and a teaching assistant office.
- NMR System Varian 400 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance system with a high resolution console and variable temperature and multinuclear capabilities.
- Agilent 6890N Gas Chromatograph/5975B Mass Spectrometer with an Ion Gauge Controller, a 7683 Auto Sampler and NIST05 Library.
- Hewlett Packard 5890 Gas Chromatograph with FID Detector.
- Series 200 HPLC System.
- Nicolet Avatar 360 E.S.P. FTIR spectrophotometer with Horizontal Attenuated Total Internal Reflectance (ATR) Accessory.
- Nicolet iS10 FTIR with Vertical ATR Accessory.
- Varian Cary Eclipse Fluorescence Spectrophotometer.
- Varian Cary 300 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer with a thermostat controlled Peltier 1 x 1 cell holder (x2).
- 12 Dell computers with the latest chemistry software located in the computer teaching lab.
- 6 Dell computers located in the chemistry major/teaching assistant room.
Other Equipment and Instrumentation
- JEOL JSM-6510LV Scanning Electron Microscope
- MBraun Glovebox
- Perkin-Elmer Aanalyst 200 Atomic Absorption Spectrometer with AS-90 Plus Auto Sampler
- BAS Potentiostat (details forthcoming)
- Ocean Optics Spectrophotometer USB 2000
- Beckman LS-700 Scintillation Counter
- Parr Oxygen Bomb Calorimeter (x2)
- Parr 6755 Solution Calorimeter
- Parr Hydrogenation Reactor
- Bausch & Lomb Abbe 3-L Refractometer
- Polyscience Model SR-6 Polarimeter
- Alfa Aesar Mark I Magnetic Susceptibility Balance
- 44" HP DesignJet T610 Poster Printer