Campus Computing Services
Patriot*Email is a service provided by The University of Texas at Tyler to all students and faculty. This email service is provided to create a simple way for UT Tyler students and faculty to remain in contact with one another. Your Patriot email address has been provided to you by The University of Texas at Tyler for official correspondence between you, the student and us the organization. As such, we will use this email to send/forward any messages UT Tyler deems appropriate.
Be aware that while we do not rent or sell your email addresses, we are a public institution and your email address would be provided if an appropriate Freedom of Information Act request was filed and validated. To access your Patriot*Email account follow the instructions listed on this site or come by BUS 101 for assistance.
The Patriot*Email system is now powered by Microsoft Outlook Live.
- Unauthorized use is prohibited.
- Usage may be subject to security testing and monitoring.
- Misuse is subject to criminal prosecution.
- No expectation of privacy except as otherwise provided by applicable privacy laws.
Reminder: Your student email address is [username]@patriots.uttyler.edu.
If you are having trouble logging into myUTTyler or Blackboard but are able to get into your Patriot*Email, you will need to change your password. To change your password click on the "My Patriot Account" link on the left side of the page and then scroll down to the "Change Your Password" section.
Effective by Dec. 17, 2011, Patriot account password requirements will be changing to match the complexity of those on the INFO domain.
Your password must:
- Contain at least 10 characters.
- Contain upper and lower case characters.
- Contain at least 1 number.
- Not be an exact dictionary word match.
- Not be your profile ID or name.
- Not contain your profile ID or name.
- Not be an old password.
- Not contain more than 2 pairs of repeating characters.
- Contain characters that can be typed on a standard English (US) keyboard.
- Not contain any spaces.
It is recommended to contain at least 1 punctuation character in your password.
For Users Having Problems After They Log Into myUTTyler
We have noticed a number of users having issues after they log into MyUTTyler. If you are one of the users having a problem, please follow the instructions on the links below to clear your cache and/or put your Web browser into compatibility view to see if this clears up your problem.
- Clearing the Cache(Internet Explorer)
- Clearing the Cache(Firefox)
- Clearing the Cache(Google Chrome)
- Compatibility View
If you have followed these instructions and are still having issues, please try a different computer from a different location or send an email to email@example.com. Thank you for your patience.
Please don't hesitate to email us or come by BUS 101 to see us if you have any problems or questions.
Do NOT send your password.
Do NOT send your Social Security Number.
Be sure to include your full name, student ID, and birth date when requesting assistance. If you have an alternate email address please send your email from that account.