Office of Career Services
Apply for a Work Study Job
- Getting the Job
- Get on College Work Studey Waiting List
- Work Study Verification
- New Student Employee Orientation
All work study jobs are posted in PatriotJobs. Receiving a work study award offer does not guarantee employment.
To view the job description and to apply for work study jobs, students must:
- Register for a new account or log into PatriotJobs
- After completing the registration form, you will receive an email with your password. If you do not receive the email within 1 hour, please contact Career Services: firstname.lastname@example.org or 903.565.5862.
- Once you receive the email, you must log into your account and complete your profile before you can view job postings.
- Career Services must review and approve your resume before you can apply for jobs
- Upload or create a resume (using the Resume & Cover Letter Builder).
- Resume tips.
- Follow these directions to search and apply for on campus positions:
- Go to the Jobs & Internships/Externships tab, and then select Jobs Targeted at UT Tyler Students/Alumni
- Search by Position Type
- Part Time On Campus (work study) or Part Time On Campus (non work study)
- Follow the "How to Apply" instructions in the job posting.
- The hiring department will review your resume, select which students to interview and make the hiring decision.
- Please contact the hiring department with questions about the position.
- Interview tips.
- Receiving work study award offer is not required for students to work on campus.
- Receiving work study award offer does not guarantee on campus employment.
- If you do not receive a work study award offer and the hiring department will pay 100% of your earnings, go to New Student Employee Orientation.
- If you have not been awarded work study, but would like to be considered, you must be placed on the work study wait list.
- The wait list will be reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid after the 1st week of class for each semester.
- Awards will be made based on financial need (from FAFSA results) AND the availability of funds.
- Students who are awarded work study funds will receive a revised award notice via their Patriots email account.
- Once awarded, students must accept the award AND departments must obtain proof of the student's work study award. (See instructions below)
- Accept your work study award from myUTTyler by following these instructions: myUTTyler >Student Center>Accept/Decline Awards link.
- Print your financial aid award information from myUTTyler by following these instructions: myUTTyler > Student Center > View Financial Aid link > Select current aid year > Print Summary with aid year and term award information.
- Both the student and supervisor must sign the Work Study Agreement.
New Student Employee Orientation reviews the student rights and responsibilities as an employee of The University of Texas at Tyler and the State of Texas. HR documents will be completed and high assurance IDs will be issued at this time.
- New student employees must attend a New Student Employee Orientation within the first 30 days of employment.
- You must register to attend New Student Orientation through PatriotJobs.
- You are required to bring the following items to New Student Employee Orientation:
- A copy of your HRMS appointment that has been approved by the budget authority. Your supervisor can print this out for you.
- One of the following choices
- Your passport
- Your state issued ID or Driver’s License AND Social Security Card (Readable copies will be accepted.)
- Your state issued ID or Driver’s License AND Birth Certificate (Readable copies will be accepted.)
- International students must bring their visa.
- Direct Deposit
- If you would like to have their paycheck direct deposited, then you will need to bring:
- a deposit slip and voided check OR
- an official letter from their bank on the bank's letterhead with the routing number and bank account.