Health & Kinesiology BA Degree With Minor in Entrepreneurship
Prepare to Make an Impact as an Expert in Health and Exercise
The health and kinesiology bachelor’s degree with a minor in entrepreneurship at University of Teas at Tyler will prepare you for career success in an area that’s expanding rapidly as organizations and individuals become more aware of the benefits of health and fitness programs.
You’ll acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to enter a health- and/or exercise-related profession or pursue graduate studies. Combined with the minor in entrepreneurship, the UT Tyler health and kinesiology bachelor of arts degree also provides the skill set for beginning a business venture in your chosen field.
- Gain broad exposure to both health and kinesiology to prepare for a variety of career options including positions in clinical, public and business settings.
- The UT Tyler health and kinesiology BA degree is ideal for those with an interest in all aspects of health and exercise and a desire to educate others about the benefits of healthy lifestyles.
Nearly all our graduates find work in their chosen career soon after graduation, or use their degree as a foundation for other programs to become physical education teachers, physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists or athletic trainers.
Health & Kinesiology Bachelor’s: Engaging. Cutting-Edge.
- Learn in an engaging, interactive college environment, in outstanding facilities such as UT Tyler’s Louise Herrington Patriot Center featuring state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, gym, indoor walking/jogging track, free weights areas and outdoor therapeutic pool.
- Enhance your learning through research projects with faculty experts on campus and internships with practitioners in the community.
Health & Kinesiology Faculty : Student-Centered. Experts in Their Fields.
- Receive instruction and mentoring from college faculty whose specialized areas include: exercise physiology, cardiovascular physiology, vascular function in health and disease, aging and physical performance, biomechanics, sports sciences and global health.
- Delve into health and exercise topics with UT Tyler professors who are widely published in journals such as: Journal of the National Medical Association, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, International Journal of Exercise Authors, The Physician and Sports Medicine and Journal of Community Health.
Health and Kinesiology Courses: In-Depth. Relative.
Consumer Health – Explore health services and products from a consumer perspective. Critically analyze the credibility of claims made in the marketplace and by government. Consumer protection and rights, marketing science and special interest groups are among the topics studied with the objective of developing critical health consumers.
Human Motor Control and Learning – Examine the processes involved in learning and teaching motor skills, and the theories of control and movement. Application is made to sports sciences, ergonomics and rehabilitation.
Entrepreneurship – Explore all aspects of entrepreneurship and the process of creating new ventures. Topics include opportunity recognition and evaluation, entrepreneurial strategies, venture financing and managing the growth process.
Career Outlook for Health and Kinesiology Majors
As Americans become ever more conscious of the need for lifelong physical fitness and personal wellness, the opportunities in the field of health and kinesiology will grow exponentially. For more, visit Occupational Outlook Handbook – Health Care Occupations.