Accounting BBA Degree
Excel as an Accountant in a Challenging Business Landscape
A bachelor’s degree in accounting from The University of Texas at Tyler prepares you to hold a position in a corporate financial department or, with additional credit hours, to sit for the CPA examination in Texas. You’ll be ready for the complex and changing demands of tomorrow’s workplace.
- Prepare for career success: Graduates of the UT Tyler accounting degree program have maintained an excellent record for passing the CPA exam.
- Learn with a curriculum specially designed to meet current and emerging needs of today’s businesses.
Graduates of the UT Tyler accounting program are sought after by employers throughout the region and state. Placements include: East Texas Medical Center, Trinity Mother Frances, Good Shepherd Hospital in Longview, Trinity Clinic, Red Dot in Athens, Trane, Nations Bank, Henry and Peters, Gollob, Morgan and Petty, Heartland Insurance, Prothro, Wilhelmi and Co. and many more.
Learn more from the UT Tyler Department of Accounting
Bachelor’s in Accounting: Training for Evolving Business Agendas
- Complete an accounting degree program that recognizes the complexities of today’s business challenges as well as future opportunities.
- Get effective career preparation for accounting positions in both the public and private sectors.
- Gain valuable on-the-job experience through internships in accounting departments in businesses based in Texas as well as international companies.
- Network with students and professionals in the accounting field through Beta Alpha Psi, the national honor society for financial information students, and Beta Gamma Sigma, the international honor society for Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)-accredited business programs.
- Take 30 additional hours beyond the 120-hour degree requirement to complete academic requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
Accounting Faculty: Analytical. Experienced.
- Take courses led by professors who have been honored by UT Tyler for their teaching skills and research work with the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award; Distinguished Service Award; and Chancellor’s Meritorious Service to Students Award.
Accounting Courses: In-depth. Relevant.
Accounting Information Systems – Examine the structure of financial data flow systems within an organization. Study the development of logic, flow and control concepts and reporting techniques of these systems.
Accounting Analysis and Regulations – This capstone course synthesizes information from the accounting curriculum to prepare students for entry into the profession. The course integrates recognition, reporting, analysis, theory and guidance codification as it pertains to comprehensive financial accounting information. Also addressed: financial statement preparation and presentation.
International Accounting & Financial Reporting – Explore accounting issues unique to multinational enterprises and international business activity. Topics include International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); financial reporting outside the U.S.; international financial disclosure issues; accounting harmonization; and ethics, taxation, foreign exchange and cultural issues.
More about UT Tyler’s accounting programs of study
Career Outlook for Accountants
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, accountants and auditors are expected to experience job growth of 13% through 2022, about as fast as the average for all occupations. For more, visit Occupational Outlook Handbook - Accountants and Auditors.