UT Tyler at a Glance
The University of Texas at Tyler is a centerpiece for learning, culture and natural beauty in East Texas, located midway between Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler is one of the fastest-growing universities in the renowned University of Texas System.
UT Tyler is home to seven academic colleges:
- Arts and Sciences
- Business and Technology
- Education and Psychology
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- The Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy
- University College
- Tyler Main Campus: Nearly 259 acres nestled in the beautiful pine and oak forests of East Texas. Key facilities include the Herrington Patriot Center, our state-of-the-art fitness center with gymnasium that seats 2,000, and the R. Don Cowan Performing Arts Center that is a cultural attraction for the entire region.
- Palestine Campus: On-site courses and online/interactive television classes are available in new facilities featuring state-of-the-art education in nursing, education, health and kinesiology, and history.
- Longview Campus: Modern facilities including the latest simulated patient technology, with on-site classes in nursing, business, technology, liberal arts, math, sciences and education. Courses are offered via Web, interactive television and hybrid formats.
In addition, the UT Tyler Houston Engineering Center is offered in partnership with Houston Community College to provide a seamless pathway to a four-year degree in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering. Students can take lower-division courses at HCC and upper-division courses from UT Tyler at the Houston Engineering Center, located on the HCC Alief-Hayes Road Campus.
- Our graduates often outperform graduates from all other Texas public universities with outstanding pass rates on state licensure exams:
Teacher Education: 94.8%
Nurse Practitioners (MSN): 100%
Counseling (MS Psych): 100%
- One of the only universities in the country to offer a bachelor’s degree in human resource development.
- The only university in Texas to offer three distance-learning campuses where students can take classes close to home.
EnrollmentTotal enrollment: 8,862 students
UT Tyler students represent 52 countries, 50 states and 144 Texas counties
Students residing on campus: 1,440
Accreditation: UT Tyler is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor’s, master's and doctoral degrees.
Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 17:1
10 Most Popular Undergraduate Majors:
- Criminal Justice
Undergraduate bachelor’s degrees: 42
Scholarships and Grants Awarded: $10 million available
Undergraduate (in-state fall and spring): $7,312
Greek Life: 3 fraternities and 3 sororities
More than 80 student organizations
Conference: American Southwest Conference
Soccer [men, women]
UT Tyler offers on-campus living, steps from classes, the library and all university activities in four modern residences:Eagle's Landing: two bedroom/two bath; three bedroom/three bath; four bedroom/two or four bath.
Ornelas Hall: double- and triple-occupancy suites.
Patriot Village Apartments: four bedroom/two bath; two bedroom/one bath.
University Pines Apartments: one or two bedroom/one bath; four bedroom/two bath.